Day 3 we headed out from Bend to Crater Lake.
Of all the things on the trip that I was least excited for Crater Lake was it. I however am glad I did not scratch it off the list. For a place that literally is 'just' a big lake - it is AMAZING. We arrived early afternoon to Crater Lake to what was one of the most calm and peaceful days I can remember. There were only a few clouds in the sky and the lake was like glass. The pictures we took there speak for themselves.
As the day progress and we made our way around the lake (its huge) we ran into a bit or rainy weather and it was breathtaking to watch the storm come in and it even was fun running through the rain a bit on the trails. Needless to say even though it is just a day trip Crater Lake was well worth the drive.
After we made most of the loop around Crater Lake we set Redwood Forest as our next destination. Surprisingly we made it to California before the end of the evening and were able to find a camp ground at Del Norte Coast Redwoods State Park. We literally slept under huge Redwoods! It's funny to see your little tent set up next to a tree which is wider than your tent. Once at the state park we crashed pretty quickly, it was another long day of driving around 300 miles.
No comments:
Post a Comment