Day 6 was one of the rainier days we experiences while on the island. This unfortunately hindered some of the hiking we had hoped to do. Instead we did more exploring of the island and were able to find these water falls on our way up to the arboretum:

We also picked up another local favorite called ahi poke. Which is raw tuna. I was able to eat a couple chunks and Brian ate a few more but neither of us thought it was the great:

We also stopped by the Kilauea Lighthouse and bird sanctuary. Here we saw multiple humpback whales out in the water and we think we possibly saw a sea turtle swimming around in the water.

A walking photo at the lighthouse:

For dinner that evening I convinced Brian we should have pizza at Hanalei Pizza. Something he was not very excited about. Then once there I insisted on a veggie deluxe pizza which according to some reviews I had read was suppose to be absolutely delicious. The meat lover gave into my nagging and we got what I wanted. The pizza ended up being delicious and Brian absolutely loved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment